Worksheet 5/7 Placing the Nouns
Cirlce the noun that best fits in the sentence. The first one has been done for you.
1) Suddenly, (grasshoppers / bees) buzzed out of their hive.
2) At dusk, (frogs / fish) croaked in chorus.
3) The gust of (tongues / wind ) whooshed the leaves off the trees.
4) In the twinkle of an eye, the (star / flower) shot through the night sky.
5) Next, (John / desk) put the cookies in the oven to bake.
6) In a few minutes, the (news / snow) will be on TV.
7) In a flash, (horses / lightening) struck the tree, burning it.
Here are examples using the nouns as sentence openers.
1) Bees buzzed out of their hive quite suddenly.
2) Frogs croaked in chorus at dusk.
3) Wind whooshed the leaves off the trees. Look!
4) Stars shot through the night sky in the twinkle of an eye.
5) John put the cookies in the oven to bake as the next step.
6) News on TV always starts a few minutes after 6:00pm.
7) Lightening struck the tree in a flash and burned it.