Worksheet 2/7 Getting into Prepositions
Circle the preposition in the sentence. The first one has been done for you.
1) Ants climbed over a hill and deep into the ground.
2) My brain is between my ears.
3) The Elbow River flowed under the bridge.
4) Starting to peck from inside the egg, the turtle made a crack.
5) Floating lightly down to the earth, the snow fluttered.
6) Flying above the clouds we could see the sun.
7) The window is open behind the curtain.
Here are Examples of the above sentences written as preposition openers;
1) Over the hills and then deep into the ground the ants plodded.
2) Between my ears is my brain.
3) Under the bridge the Elbow River flowed.
4) Inside the egg the turtle started to peck a crack.
5) Down to the earth the snow fluttered and floated lightly.
6) Above the clouds we flew into the sun.
7) Behind the curtain the window is open.
Tessie's tips on writing... Get out your notebook to write a list of prepositions to develop your English grammar. For more ideas, write the sentences from above,too . Recommended Reading; "The Coral Island", by R.M. Ballantyne.