------ Note: The Information above this point will not be sent to your printer --------
Worksheet 2/7 A Crowd of Collective Nouns
Write the collective noun on the line that best fits in the sentence. The first one has been done for you.
1) The volleyball team is trying hard to win the final game.
2) The crew of airline pilots are boarding the plane.
3) On the last day of school, the students have to take all of their books home.
4) Her family plans to go to Disneyland during the winter holiday.
5) The army was sent to the foreign country for peacekeeping.
6) Roaming the prairies, herds of buffalo searched for fresh grass.
7) Gathering nector to carry back to the hive, swarms of bees buzzed.
Using plurals as required, write the collective nouns listed above as sentence openers.
1) Teams of volleyball players are trying hard to win the game.
2) Crews of airline pilots are boarding the plane.
3) Students have to take all their school books home on the last day of school.
4) Families plan to go to Disneyland during the winter holiday.
5) Armies of peacekeepers were sent to the foreign country.
6) Herds of buffalo roam the prairies searching for fresh grass.
7) Swarms of bees gather nector to carry back to the hive.